Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School and Church

Well this past weekend Mema came back to visit. It's always so wonderful having her here but its never long enough. Sunday we left Kori here with Mema and we just took Austin to church. It was nice to be able to focus on him a bit extra right before his new school year started. Before service started they had all of the kids go up on and around the stage. I wish I would had brought the camera. It was an amazing sight. We then had a back to school prayer for our kids and it was just the greatest feeling. I was so thankful for Austin to be a part of this much needed prayer at our church. I felt so tearful and as I'm writing this I'm not sure why I was trying so hard to hold the tears in!! I also learned every Sunday counting all 3 services we have over 2000 kids come through the youth department. Incredible!

1 comment:

  1. At the beginning of each new school year parents not only rejoice in the possibilities ahead but we also think back on the wonderful times we are leaving behind. Each phase of a child's life is so precious. Moms and Dads have a front seat view to the wonder of a child growing up and such an important part in molding their lives in God.

    I guess there are a lot of reasons why we have to fight back the tears.

    ReplyDelete